Skip to main content

Omni Channel Digital strategy - Personalize Content

When you , as a business, are acquiring digital contacts from multiple channels, there is no way you could serve content that could be relevant to every one.

The best way forward is to personalize the content based on the user profile information.

More information we have regarding a digital contact, more personalized the content can be.








The thumb rules when you have personalized content is as follows:

Make it current and relevant

The content that we have should be personalized and current. For example, if I expect the media to be connected with me and not share some of the recent information online, that becomes tough.

The media expects any information that can be shared with the external world to be available to them - either in terms of press releases or generic press kits.

Make sure that the information is available to them easily when they try to connect with you

Make it sticky for the user

Help the user relate with the content. Organize the content based on what the digital contact would want to do.

For example, if I am a retailer and intend to connect with my customers by offering them recipes, I should allow them to download recipes, share them and interact with the recipe

Interacting with the content - sharing , rating, comments etc - helps the customer relate to the content and helps us serve better content to the user

Get feedback and improve

This is something that all organizations need to do irrespective of whether we want to have a better digital strategy

Collecting feedback - or even listening to digital contacts - gives us better ways of connecting with them

Make it easy for them to provide feedback and show them that you are listening. Show them progress on any feedback that they might have given you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey in Inquiry and Advocacy - An experience report

It is recently that I have consciously started practicing Inquiry. Let me explain. I am a consultant who constantly looks at the situation and comes up and implements the solution to progress from there. While I do that, I constantly use Inquiry as a means to progress - one of the key facilitation technique specifically in multiple stakeholder situations.

Principles for developing systems that are anti-fragile

I have been trying to make sense of what anti-fragility means and how do I use that in my day job. As a Business Principal, I tend to work with the abstract but orchestrate a program of work that needs details. This makes my job a little difficult in the terms of designing for more self-preserving systems that preserve the spirit of the abstracted strategy or vision. I came across an article from Daniel Russo on anti-fragility and his attempt at creating a manifesto similar to the manifesto for agile software development. For more reading on Daniel Russo, here is his profile:  http://djrusso.github.io More reading from his paper here:  https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877050916302290 This post is an attempt for me to understand what goes into developing a program that uses every opportunity to strengthen itself and achieve its objective - the vision.  I liked the approach of principles for developing systems that are anti-fragile. It is a very valua

User Personas

User Personas are a very good tool for the product owners, business analysts or product managers to be able to co-create with designers. It is predominantly a product of the user research and should not be an amalgamation of demographic data. It is the best way for us to list all scenarios that a persona would take when they want to attain a goal. It is predominantly used to build empathy with user, focus the team and build consensus in a large diverse stakeholder group. The website I referred to is here:  https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2014/08/a-closer-look-at-personas-part-1/